We offer a wide variety of media services including syndicated programming, live event streaming, audio-video engineering and production, commercial advertising, voice-over talent and more. Our team provides proven results that will reach your biggest audience to date.
If you feel your organization isn't attaining the level of recognition and success it should then you need us!
We are the exclusive distribution agent of Down To The Roots, a weekly, internationally-syndicated old-time music program.
Listeners: Would you like to hear Down To The Roots on your local station?
Programmers: Would you like to add Down To The Roots to your schedule?
CONTACT US to find out how!
DISCLAIMER: Please note that the songs played on Down To The Roots are an archive of the past. They are historical documents which reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs during different times. DeFord Media Associates does not endorse any recordings or any artist - living or dead - including any thoughts, ideas and/or verbal expressions that may be offensive to some listeners.
01. Bill Nettles & His Dixie Blue Boys – Oxford (Miss.) Blues (ARC 7-11-57) 6-22-37 Dallas, TX
02. Dixon Brothers – My Girl In Sunny Tennessee (Montgomery Ward M-7015) 6-23-36 Charlotte, NC
03. Fisher Hendley – Weave Room Blues (Vocalion 04780) 11-12-38 Columbia, SC
04. Ernest Stoneman & His Dixie Mountaineers – We Parted By The Riverside (Edison 52312) 4-25-28 NYC
05. Kit & Kay – I’ll Keep On Loving You (“Brush Creek Follies” – KMBC transcription) unknown date Kansas City, MO
06. Uncle Dave Macon – Susie Lee (Vocalion 5380) 6-20-29 Chicago, IL
07. Walter Hurdt & His Singing Cowboys – She’s Got The Habit (Bluebird B-8041) 2-2-39 Rock Hill, SC
08. Asa Martin & Roy Hobbs – Jake Walk Papa (Champion S-16627) 4-5-33 Richmond, IN
09. Weems String Band – Davy (Columbia 15300-D) 12-9-27 Memphis, TN
10. Ken Curtis & The Novelty Aces – “Chuck-Wagon Jamboree” (Teleways Radio Productions – transcription) 1948 Los Angeles, CA
Opening Theme, Camptown Races, Blue Prairie, Flop-Eared Mule, Blue Yodel #6, Aunt Dinah’s Quilting Party, Dusty Skies, Nearer My God To Thee, Closing Theme
11. Carter Family – Tell Me That You Love Me (Victor 23656) 2-24-32 Atlanta, GA
12. Happy Fats & His Rayne-Bo Ramblers – Rayne Breakdown (Bluebird B-2176) 8-10-35 New Orleans, LA
13. Monroe Brothers – I’ve Still Got Ninety-Nine (Bluebird B-7425) 1-28-38 Charlotte, NC
14. Dad Massey & His Family (The Westerners) – Tugboat And Pineywoods (ARC 7-03-53) 6-8-36 NYC
15. Blue Sky Boys – We Parted By The Riverside (Bluebird B-8482) 2-5-40 Atlanta, GA
16. Parker & Dodd – Near The Cross (Conqueror 8132) 9-29-32 NYC
DOWN TO THE ROOTS theme from Hopalong Cassidy & The Square Dance Holdup (Capitol CBX-3075) Cliffie Stone, Harold Hensley, Herman The Hermit ©1950
Master Rights Usage courtesy of Universal Music Enterprises and Capitol Records.
DeFord Media Associates and its research team makes every reasonable effort to ensure the accuracy and validity of the programming information provided. However, we accept no liability or responsibility for errors or omissions of any information reported and make no guarantees or representations as to its accuracy.
Follow the links below to download* and listen to previous episodes:
*Downloads provided for personal use only. Any other use, including unauthorized distribution, deems the offender guilty of fraud and copyright infringement. Copyright © 2021 DeFord Media Associates - All Rights Reserved.
LISTENERS: Hello! Where are you located?
On what station do you listen to Down To The Roots?
BUSINESS OWNERS: Are you getting the most from your advertising budget?
PROMOTERS: Would you like to stream your event online?
PROGRAM DIRECTORS: Are you looking for more variety in your programming schedule?
DJs: Are you looking for wider distribution of your show?
Are you thinking of syndicating but not sure how to go about it?