We offer a wide variety of media services including syndicated programming, live event streaming, audio-video engineering and production, commercial advertising, voice-over talent and more. Our team provides proven results that will reach your biggest audience to date.
If you feel your organization isn't attaining the level of recognition and success it should then you need us!
We are the exclusive distribution agent of Down To The Roots, a weekly, internationally-syndicated old-time music program.
Listeners: Would you like to hear Down To The Roots on your local station?
Programmers: Would you like to add Down To The Roots to your schedule?
CONTACT US to find out how!
DISCLAIMER: Please note that the songs played on Down To The Roots are an archive of the past. They are historical documents which reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs during different times. DeFord Media Associates does not endorse any recordings or any artist - living or dead - including any thoughts, ideas and/or verbal expressions that may be offensive to some listeners.
01. Roy Acuff & His Crazy Tennesseans – Gonna Have A Big Time Tonight (Conqueror 8842)
10-21-36 Chicago, IL
02. Allen Brothers – Roll It Down (Victor 23590) 5-21-31 Charlotte, NC
03. Ben Curry – You Rascal You (Champion 50019) Jan. 1932 Grafton, WI
04. Bascom Lamar Lunsford – Black Jack Davy (Library Of Congress AFS 01782 A01) 1935 NYC
05. Hugh & Shug’s Radio Pals – Are You From Dixie (Coral 64009) 7-16-37 NYC
06. Fiddlin’ John Carson – The Old Hen Cackled And The Rooster’s Going To Crow (Okeh 4890) June 1923 Atlanta, GA
07. Cliff Carlisle & His Buckle Busters – Black Jack David (Decca 5732) 7-26-39 Charlotte, NC
08. Kessinger Brothers – Garfield March (Brunswick 238) 2-11-28 Ashland, KY
09. Floyd County Ramblers – Sunny Tennessee (Victor V-40307) 8-29-30 NYC
10. “All-Star Western Theatre” (CBS - transcription) 9-26-46 Hollywood, CA
theme, Foy Willing & The Riders Of The Purple Sage–A Cowboy Has To Sing + Someone Won Your Heart Little Darlin’, Smiley Burnette–The Dentist Song, Foy Willing & The Riders Of The Purple Sage–Home On The Range, theme
11. Harry Choates & His Fiddle – Cat’n Around (Macy’s 124) 1950 Houston, TX
12. Happy Fats & His Rayne-Bo Ramblers – Nouveau Grand Gueyan (Bluebird B-2024) 9-10-37 New Orleans, LA
13. Carter Family – Black Jack David (Okeh 06313) 10-4-40 Chicago, IL
14. Scottdale String Band – In The Shade Of The Parasol (Okeh 45103) 3-21-27 Atlanta, GA
15. Emry Arthur & Della Hatfield – A Railroader Lover For Me (Broadway 82668) 1929 Grafton, WI
16. The Rambling Duet (Frank Gerald-Howard Dixon) – Hobo Jack The Rambler (Bluebird B-7534) 1-25-38 Charlotte, NC
17. McCollum’s Sanctified Singers – Glory, Glory, Hallelujah (Vocalion 1591) June 1930 Chicago, IL
DOWN TO THE ROOTS theme from Hopalong Cassidy and the Square Dance Holdup (Capitol CBX-3075) Cliffie Stone, Harold Hensley, Herman The Hermit ©1950
Master Rights Usage courtesy of Universal Music Enterprises and Capitol Records.
DeFord Media Associates makes every reasonable effort to ensure the accuracy and validity of the programming information provided. However, we accept no liability or responsibilities for errors or omissions of any information reported and make no guarantees or representations as to its accuracy.
LISTENERS: Hello! Where are you located? On what station do you listen to Down To The Roots?
BUSINESS OWNERS: Are you getting the most from your advertising budget?
PROMOTERS: Would you like to stream your event online?
PROGRAM DIRECTORS: Are you looking for more variety in your programming schedule?
DJs: Are you looking for wider distribution of your show? Are you thinking of syndicating but not sure how to go about it?