We offer a wide variety of media services including syndicated programming, live event streaming, audio-video engineering and production, commercial advertising, voice-over talent and more. Our team provides proven results that will reach your biggest audience to date.
If you feel your organization isn't attaining the level of recognition and success it should then you need us!
We are the exclusive distribution agent of Down To The Roots, a weekly, internationally-syndicated old-time music program.
Listeners: Would you like to hear Down To The Roots on your local station?
Programmers: Would you like to add Down To The Roots to your schedule?
CONTACT US to find out how!
DISCLAIMER: Please note that the songs played on Down To The Roots are an archive of the past. They are historical documents which reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs during different times. DeFord Media Associates does not endorse any recordings or any artist - living or dead - including any thoughts, ideas and/or verbal expressions that may be offensive to some listeners.
01. Carter Family – The Sun’s Gonna Shine In My Back Door Someday (XET – transcription) 1939 San Antonio, TX
02. Gibbs Brothers with Claude Davis – Do You Think That You Could Love Me (Vocalion 5469) 4-1-30 Knoxville, TN
03. Clayton McMichen’s Georgia Wildcats – The Trail Of The Lonesome Pine (In The Blue Ridge Mountains Of Virginia) (Decca 5634) 8-2-38 NYC
04. George Reneau – Blue Ridge Blues (Vocalion 14815) April 1924 NYC
05. Forrest Delk & His Gully Jumpers – Heel And Toe Polka (Coast 275) 1949 Los Angeles, CA
06. Homer & Jethro – Over The Rainbow (King 596A) 1947 Cincinnati, OH
07. Girls Of The Golden West – Whoopee Ti-Yi Yo Git Along Little Doggies (Bluebird B-5718) 10-9-34 Chicago, IL
08. Musical Mavericks – Rocky Mountain Moon (Elton Britt & Friends Vol. 3 BACM CD D 350) April 1938 unknown location
09. “Cousin Emmy & Her Kinfolks” – (WHAS – transcription) 1939 Louisville, KY (edited for broadcast)
Opening Theme (Little Old Log Cabin In The Lane)-Groundhog-Lost John-Mother’s Grave-Sowing On The Mountain-Some Of These Days-Ragtime Annie-Closing Theme
10. Riley Puckett – Blue Ridge Mountain Blues (Columbia 254-D) 9-11-24 NYC
11. Bob Ferguson & Charlotte Miller – Corn Pone And Pot Likker (Crumbled Or Dunked) Part 1-2 (Columbia 5657-D) 3-9-31 NYC
12. Furry Lewis – Rock Island Blues (Vocalion 1111) 4-20-27 Chicago, IL
13. Delmore Brothers – Blow Yo’ Whistle, Freight Train (Bluebird B-5925) 1-22-35 New Orleans, LA
14. Kessinger Brothers – Turkey In The Straw (Brunswick 235) 2-11-28 Ashland, KY
15. Hill Billies – Blue Ridge Mountain Blues (Brunswick 180) 5-12-27 NYC
16. Turkey Mountain Singers – I Am Bound For The Promised Land (Victor 2942) 8-10-27 Charlotte, NC
DOWN TO THE ROOTS theme from Hopalong Cassidy & The Square Dance Holdup (Capitol CBX-3075) Cliffie Stone, Harold Hensley, Herman The Hermit ©1950
Master Rights Usage courtesy of Universal Music Enterprises and Capitol Records.
DeFord Media Associates and its research team makes every reasonable effort to ensure the accuracy and validity of the programming information provided. However, we accept no liability or responsibility for errors or omissions of any information reported and make no guarantees or representations as to its accuracy.
Follow the links below to download* and listen to past episodes:
*Downloads provided for personal use only. Any other use, including unauthorized distribution, deems the offender guilty of fraud and copyright infringement. Copyright © 2021 DeFord Media Associates - All Rights Reserved.
LISTENERS: Hello! Where are you located?
On what station do you listen to Down To The Roots?
BUSINESS OWNERS: Are you getting the most from your advertising budget?
PROMOTERS: Would you like to stream your event online?
PROGRAM DIRECTORS: Are you looking for more variety in your programming schedule?
DJs: Are you looking for wider distribution of your show?
Are you thinking of syndicating but not sure how to go about it?