We offer a wide variety of media services including syndicated programming, live event streaming, audio-video engineering and production, commercial advertising, voice-over talent and more. Our team provides proven results that will reach your biggest audience to date.
If you feel your organization isn't attaining the level of recognition and success it should then you need us!
We are the exclusive distribution agent of Down To The Roots, a weekly, internationally-syndicated old-time music program.
Listeners: Would you like to hear Down To The Roots on your local station?
Programmers: Would you like to add Down To The Roots to your schedule?
CONTACT US to find out how!
DISCLAIMER: Please note that the songs played on Down To The Roots are an archive of the past. They are historical documents which reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs during different times. DeFord Media Associates does not endorse any recordings or any artist - living or dead - including any thoughts, ideas and/or verbal expressions that may be offensive to some listeners.
01. Carter Family – Meet Me By Moonlight, Alone (ARC 7-01-54) 5-10-35 NYC
02. Jack Jackson – Flat Tire Blues (Columbia 15662-D) 10-21-29 Johnson City, TN
03. Taylor-Griggs Louisiana Melody Makers – Where The Sweet Magnolias Bloom (Victor V-40184) 9-24-29 Memphis, TN
04. Charlie Poole & His North Carolina Ramblers – Shootin’ Creek (Columbia 15286-D) 7-23-28 NYC
05. Al Hopkins & His Buckle Busters – Down To The Club (Brunswick 184) 5-13-27 NYC
06. Arkansas Woodchopper – Mrs. Murphy’s Chowder (Conqueror 7879) 11-12-31 NYC
07. Al Clauser & His Oklahoma Outlaws – Where Western Skies Are Smiling (Keystone KBS 154 D – transcription) unknown date, location
08. Ranch Boys – Wait For The Wagon (World 800-4648 – transcription) unknown date, location
09. Jimmie Strothers & Joe Lee – Thought I Heard My Banjo Say (Library Of Congress AFS 00744 A02) 6-14-36 Lynn, VA
10. Rhubarb Red & His Rubes – Puttin’ On The Style (Canadian United Transcription System No. 1539) unknown date, location
11. McGee Brothers – Hannah Won’t You Open The Door (Vocalion 5169) 5-11-27 NYC
12. “The Ballad Hunter” – program VI (Library Of Congress AFS L51) 1941 Wash., D.C.
Woody Guthrie – Boll Weevil Song 1940 Wash., D.C.
John A. Lomax – Boll Weevil 1941 Wash., D.C.
Finous (Flatfoot) Rockmore – Boll Weevil 1940 Lufkin, TX
Willie George King – Boll Weevil 1940 Winnfield, LA
Huddie (Leadbelly) Ledbetter – Boll Weevil 1941 Shreveport, LA
Vera Hall – Boll Weevil Blues 1934 Livingston, AL
13. Chub Carns, Francis Lum – Cripple Creek (Old-Time Smoky Mountain Music) 1939 Hayward County, TN
14. Roy Harvey & Jess Johnston – Railroad Blues (Champion 16255) 12-4-30 Richmond, IN
15. Bradley Kincaid – Wreck On The C. & O. Road (Gennett 6823) 1-28-29 Richmond, IN
16. Bill Carlisle – He Will Be Your Savior Too (Bluebird B-7019) 6-18-36 Charlotte, NC
DOWN TO THE ROOTS theme from Hopalong Cassidy and the Square Dance Holdup (Capitol CBX-3075) Cliffie Stone, Harold Hensley, Herman The Hermit ©1950
Master Rights Usage courtesy of Universal Music Enterprises and Capitol Records.
DeFord Media Associates makes every reasonable effort to ensure the accuracy and validity of the programming information provided. However, we accept no liability or responsibilities for errors or omissions of any information reported and make no guarantees or representations as to its accuracy.
Follow the links below to download and listen to past episodes* :
*Downloads provided for personal use only. Any other use, including unauthorized distribution, deems the offender guilty of fraud and copyright infringement. Copyright © 2021 DeFord Media Associates - All Rights Reserved.
LISTENERS: Hello! Where are you located?
On what station do you listen to Down To The Roots?
BUSINESS OWNERS: Are you getting the most from your advertising budget?
PROMOTERS: Would you like to stream your event online?
PROGRAM DIRECTORS: Are you looking for more variety in your programming schedule?
DJs: Are you looking for wider distribution of your show?
Are you thinking of syndicating but not sure how to go about it?