We offer a wide variety of media services including syndicated programming, live event streaming, audio-video engineering and production, commercial advertising, voice-over talent and more. Our team provides proven results that will reach your biggest audience to date.
If you feel your organization isn't attaining the level of recognition and success it should then you need us!
We are the exclusive distribution agent of Down To The Roots, a weekly, internationally-syndicated old-time music program.
Listeners: Would you like to hear Down To The Roots on your local station?
Programmers: Would you like to add Down To The Roots to your station schedule?
CONTACT US to find out how!
SEGMENT 01) 29:29
01. Jimmie Davis – High-Geared Mama (Decca 5206) 3-21-36 New Orleans, LA
02. Pope’s Arkansas Mountaineers – Jaw Bone (Victor 21577) 2-6-28 Memphis, TN
03. Cackle Sisters – Take Me Home Boys Tonight (“Purina Checkerboard Time” – transcription)
unknown date, location
04. Jimmie Strothers & Joe Lee – Corn Shucking Time
(Library Of Congress – Field Recordings, Vol. 1 Virginia 1936-1941)
June 1936 Lynn, VA
05. Red Whitehead & Dutch Coleman – Dad’s Getting Fuzzy (Vocalion 5414)
12-11-29 Chicago, IL
06. Prairie Ramblers – The Music Goes ‘Round And Around (Conqueror 8628)
1-21-36 Chicago, IL
07. Southern Moonlight Entertainers – How To Make Love (Vocalion 5440)
4-4-30 Knoxville, TN
08. Akins Birmingham Boys – I Walked And Walked (Columbia 15348-D)
10-31-28 Atlanta, GA
09. Al Hopkins & His Buckle Busters – West Virginia Gals (Brunswick318)
10. Charlie Parker & Mack Woolbright –
The Man Who Wrote Home Sweet Home Never Was A Married Man
(Columbia 15326-D) 11-10-27 Atlanta, GA
SEGMENT 02) 28:08
11. Pine Ridge Boys (Marvin Taylor & Douglas Spivey) – Whitehouse Blues
(Bluebird B-8626) 10-11-40 Atlanta, GA
12. Green’s String Band – Rickett’s Hornpipe (Champion 16489) 9-15-30 Richmond, IN
13. Frank Wheeler-Monroe Lamb – The Farmer Feeds Them All
(Montgomery Ward M-4334) 5-27-30 Memphis, TN
14. Clayton McMichen & Friends – A Fiddler’s Convention In Georgia, Part I-II (Columbia 15140-D)
4-1-27 Atlanta, GA
15. Clarence Ashley – Dark Holler Blues (Columbia 15489-D)
10-23-29 Johnson City, TN
16. Weems String Band – Greenback Dollar (Columbia 15300-D) 12-9-27 Memphis, TN
17. Carter Family – The East Virginia Blues (Bluebird B-5650) 5-8-34 Camden, NJ
18. Carter Family – East Virginia Blues No. 2 (Conqueror 8535) 5-7-35 NYC
SEGMENT 03) 29:18
19. “Carson Robison’s Buckaroos” (NBC Blue Network - transcription)
c. 1932 London, UK (EDITED)
theme in, There's A Heart In The Heart Of Texas, Whoopie-Ti-Yi-Yo, A Home In Wyoming, Happy Go Lucky, Red River Valley, theme out
20. Charlie Wilson & His Hillbillies – Ride The Goat Over The Mountain
(Champion S-16601) 4-5-33 Richmond, IN
21. Aiken County String Band – Carolina Stompdown (Okeh 45153)
9-19-27 Winston-Salem, NC
22. Elmer & Jud – Turkey In The Straw (Jewel 5458) 11-7-28 NYC
23. Leon’s Lone Star Cowboys – Mistreated Blues (Champion 45151)
8-14-35 Chicago, IL
24. G. B. Grayson & Henry Whitter – Barnyard Serenade (Victor V-40038) 8-1-28 NYC
25. Red Mountain Trio – Sailing Down The Chesapeake Bay (Columbia 15369-D)
10-31-28 Atlanta, GA
SEGMENT 04) 27:21
26. Charlie Monroe’s Boys – Shore To Shore (Bluebird B-8118) 1-5-39 Rock Hill, SC
27. Uncle Dave Macon – Railroadin’ And Gamblin’ (Bluebird B-8325)
1-26-38 Charlotte, NC
28. Justin Winfield – New River Train (Gennett 6619) 7-9-28 Richmond, IN
29. Woody Guthrie – Lost Train Blues (Library of Congress Recording Sessions)
March 1940 Washington, D.C.
30. Bascom Lamar Lunsford – Jennie Jenkins (Smoky Mountain Ballads)
1949 unknown location
31. Foy Willing & The Riders Of The Purple Sage – Twilight On The Trail-live
(Texas Blues) unknown date, location
32. Kit & Kay – Happy Rovin’ Cowgirl (“Brush Creek Follies” – KMBC transcription)
unknown date Kansas City, MO
33. Ken Maynard (The American Boy’s Favorite Cowboy) – The Lone Star Trail (Columbia 2310-D)
4-14-30 Hollywood, CA
34. Sons Of The Pioneers – Rise And Shine (The Sons Of The Pioneers In 1942)
1942 unknown location
35. Eva Quartette – Bringing In The Sheaves (Gennett 6335) c. 6-13-27 Birmingham, AL
DOWN TO THE ROOTS theme from Hopalong Cassidy and the Square Dance Holdup (Capitol CBX-3075) Cliffie Stone, Harold Hensley, Herman The Hermit ©1950
Master Rights Usage courtesy of Universal Music Enterprises and Capitol Records.
DeFord Media Associates makes every reasonable effort to ensure the accuracy and validity of the programming information provided. However, we accept no liability or responsibilities for errors or omissions of any information reported and make no guarantees or representations as to its accuracy.
LISTENERS: Hello! Where are you located? On what station do you listen to Down To The Roots?
BUSINESS OWNERS: Are you getting the most from your advertising budget?
PROMOTERS: Would you like to stream your event online?
PROGRAM DIRECTORS: Are you looking for more variety in your programming schedule?
DJs: Are you looking for wider distribution of your show? Are you thinking of syndicating but not sure how to go about it?