We offer a wide variety of media services including syndicated programming, live event streaming, audio-video engineering and production, commercial advertising, voice-over talent and more. Our team provides proven results that will reach your biggest audience to date.
If you feel your organization isn't attaining the level of recognition and success it should then you need us!
We are the exclusive distribution agent of Down To The Roots, a weekly, internationally-syndicated old-time music program.
Listeners: Would you like to hear Down To The Roots on your local station?
Programmers: Would you like to add Down To The Roots to your schedule?
CONTACT US to find out how!
DISCLAIMER: Please note that the songs played on Down To The Roots are an archive of the past. They are historical documents which reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs during different times. DeFord Media Associates does not endorse any recordings or any artist - living or dead - including any thoughts, ideas and/or verbal expressions that may be offensive to some listeners.
SEGMENT 01) 25:44
01. Al Clauser & His Oklahoma Outlaws – Texas Quickstep (Hot Western Swing 1937-
1948 featuring Patti Page) 1947 transcription KTUL Tulsa, OK
02. Delmore Brothers – Honey, I’m Rambling Away (Decca 46043) 7-16-41 NYC
03. Riverside Ramblers – Dissatisfied (Bluebird BB-6926) 2-22-37 New Orleans, LA
04. Byron Parker & His Mountaineers – Married Life Blues (Bluebird B-8708)
10-10-40 Kimball Hotel Atlanta, GA
05. Roy Acuff & His Smoky Mountain Boys – Whoa, Mule, Whoa (The RC Cola Shows)
1953 Nashville, TN
06. Sauceman Brothers – Darling Corey (On Farm And Fun Time WCYB Bristol)
1950 Bristol, TN
07. Jimmy Wakely & His Saddle Pals featuring the Sunshine Girls – Cimmaron
(Roll On) (MacGregor transcription 656) 1943 Hollywood, CA
08. Johnny Bond – Texas Cannonball (World transcription W 10812) unknown date
09. Gene Autry – Purple Sage In The Twilight (Okeh 6725) 8-11-41 Hollywood, CA
10. Scottdale String Band – Down Yonder (Okeh 45188) 10-10-27 Atlanta, GA
SEGMENT 02) 26:39
11. Carson Robison & His Pioneers – The Back Porch, Part I-II (Zonophone 6160)
July 1932 London, UK
12. Melton & Waggoner – Underneath The Cotton Moon – (Columbia 15423-D)
10-30-28 Atlanta, GA
13. Morris Family – Dark Eyes (Vocalion 5442) 3-19-30 Atlanta, GA
14. Rhubarb Red – Deep Elem Blues (MontgomeryWard 8012) 5-20-36 Chicago, IL
15. Texas Jim Lewis – Willis Rag (Standard transcription) unknown date
16. Virginia Mountain Boomers – Cousin Sally Brown (Gennett 6687) 7-10-28
17. Three Tobacco Tags – V-8 Blues (Bluebird B-6730) 10-13-36 Charlotte, NC
SEGMENT 03) 27:15
18.) Mother Maybelle & the Carter Sisters with Doc & Carl, “The Virginia Boys” –
(Episode 2) May 1944 WRNL Richmond, VA
(theme-I Wish I Had Never Met Sunshine-commercial*-Nobody’s Darling But Mine-
tour dates-I Talk To Myself About You-Precious Memories-commercial*-
In The Pines-out) *Thalhimer’s Basement Department Store
19. G.B. Grayson & Henry Whitter – Ommie Wise (Victor 21625) 10-18-27 Atlanta, GA
20. Clarence “Tom” Ashley – Naomi Wise (Columbia15522-D)
10-23-29 Johnson City, TN
21. Cranford & Thompson – Naomi Wise (Gennett 6945) 6-13-29 Richmond, IN
SEGMENT 04) 31:24
22. Emry Arthur – Train Whistle Blues (Vocalion 5264) 8-30-28 Chicago, IL
23. Bob Atcher & Bonnie Blue Eyes – Blow, Whistle, Blow (Vocalion 04882)
5-15-39 Chicago, IL
24. J.E. Mainer’s Mountaineers – New Lost Train Blues (Bluebird B-6424)
2-14-36 Charlotte, NC
25. Jimmie Rodgers – High Powered Mama (Zonophone 5808) 2-23-29 NYC
26. Vernon Dalhart – You Can’t Blame Me For That (Edison 52248) 2-17-28 NYC
27. Carson Brothers & Sprinkle – The Old Miller’s Will (Okeh 45398) 12-6-29 NYC
28. Woody Guthrie – Talking Fishing Blues
(This Land Is Your Land-The Asch Recordings, Vol. 1) 1944 NYC
29. Dixon Brothers – Fisherman’s Luck (Montgomery Ward M-7855)
2-18-37 Charlotte, NC
30. “Ragtime Texas” Henry Thomas – Fishing Blues (Vocalion 1249)
6-13-28 Chicago, IL
31. Carolina Ramblers String Band – I’ve Got A Home In The Beulah Land
(Perfect 12818-B) 2-17-32 NYC
DOWN TO THE ROOTS theme from Hopalong Cassidy and the Square Dance Holdup (Capitol CBX-3075) Cliffie Stone, Harold Hensley, Herman The Hermit ©1950
Master Rights Usage courtesy of Universal Music Enterprises and Capitol Records.
DeFord Media Associates makes every reasonable effort to ensure the accuracy and validity of the programming information provided. However, we accept no liability or responsibilities for errors or omissions of any information reported and make no guarantees or representations as to its accuracy.
LISTENERS: Hello! Where are you located? On what station do you listen to Down To The Roots?
BUSINESS OWNERS: Are you getting the most from your advertising budget?
PROMOTERS: Would you like to stream your event online?
PROGRAM DIRECTORS: Are you looking for more variety in your programming schedule?
DJs: Are you looking for wider distribution of your show? Are you thinking of syndicating but not sure how to go about it?