We offer a wide variety of media services including syndicated programming, live event streaming, audio-video engineering and production, commercial advertising, voice-over talent and more. Our team provides proven results that will reach your biggest audience to date.
If you feel your organization isn't attaining the level of recognition and success it should then you need us!
We are the exclusive distribution agent of Down To The Roots, a weekly, internationally-syndicated old-time music program.
Listeners: Would you like to hear Down To The Roots on your local station?
Programmers: Would you like to add Down To The Roots to your schedule?
CONTACT US to find out how!
DISCLAIMER: Please note that the songs played on Down To The Roots are an archive of the past. They are historical documents which reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs during different times. DeFord Media Associates does not endorse any recordings or any artist - living or dead - including any thoughts, ideas and/or verbal expressions that may be offensive to some listeners.
SEGMENT 01) 29:11
01. Roy Acuff & His Crazy Tennesseeans – Gonna Have A Big Time Tonight (Perfect 7-04-75)
10-21-36 Chicago, IL
02. Dilly & His Dill Pickles – Pickin’ Off Peanuts (Vocalion 5436) 3-22-30 Atlanta, GA
03. Walter Smith – The Bald-Headed End Of A Broom (Gennett 6887) 3-20-29 Richmond, IN
04. Hickory Nuts – The LouisvilleBurglar (Okeh 45169) 9-24-27 Winston-Salem, NC
05. Jess Hillard & His West VirginiaHillbillies – Dixie Rag (Champion S-16670)
7-14-33 Richmond, IN
06. Dixon Brothers – She Tickles Me (Montgomery Ward M-7855) 2-18-37 Charlotte, NC
07. Uncle Dave Macon & His Fruit Jar Drinkers – Bake That Chicken Pie (Vocalion 5148)
08. Jack Penewell – Hen House Blues (Autograph 608) 1924 unknown location
09. Binkley Brothers Dixie Clodhoppers – I’ll Rise, When The Rooster Crows
(Victor V-40048-A) 10-2-28 Nashville, TN
SEGMENT 02) 28:33
10. Rough Riders – Old Wagon Train (Standard transcription V-120) 1939 Hollywood, CA
11. Rex Allen – Ridin’ Towards The Red Setting Sun (M.M. Cole transcription)
unknown date, location
12. Gene Autry – When It’s Springtime In The Rockies (The Golden Age Of Gene Autry)
9-23-37 Hollywood, CA
13. Red Fox Chasers – The Red Fox Chasers Makin’ Licker In North Carolina, part 1-4
(Gennett 6886, 6912) 6-12-29 Richmond, IN
14. Green Bailey – The Fate Of Ellen Smith (Gennett 6702) 11-30-28 Richmond, IN
15. Floyd County Ramblers – The Story Of Frieda Bolt (Victor V-40307) 8-29-30 NYC
16. Emry Arthur & Della Hatfield – The BluefieldMurder (Paramount 3222) 1929 Grafton, WI
SEGMENT 03) 26:21
17. Mississippi Sheiks – Sitting On Top Of The World (Okeh 8784) 2-17-30 Shreveport, LA
18. Leroy Carrand Scrapper Blackwell - You Got To Reap What You Sow
(Vocalion 1232) 8-14-28 Chicago, IL
19. Charley Patton – Some Summer Day (Paramount 13080-B) 5-28-30 Grafton, WI
20. Shelton Brothers – Sittin’ On Top Of The World (Decca 6079) 8-20-35 Chicago, IL
21. Ken Curtis & The Novelty Aces – “Chuck-Wagon Jamboree” (episode #29)
(Teleways Radio Productions transcription) 1948 Hollywood, CA
theme in-Little Black Bronc-In The Gloaming-Arkansas Traveler-Lamp Lighting Time In The Valley-
Sidewalks Of New York-Someone Won Your Heart-All The Way My Savior Leads Me-theme out
SEGMENT 04) 29:17
22. Oscar Ford – Henry Ford’s Model A (Columbia15437-D) 4-11-29 Atlanta, GA
23. Hometown Boys – Raccoon On A Rail (Columbia15762-D) 10-26-31 Atlanta, GA
24. Hugh Cross & Riley Puckett – Tuck Me To Sleep (In My Old Kentucky Home)
(Columbia 15421-D) 4-12-28 Atlanta, GA
25. Delmore Brothers – Goin’ Back To The Blue Ridge Mountains (King 803)
10-2-46 Cincinnati, OH
26. Tommy Jackson – Back Up And Push (RadiOzark transcription) unknown date, location
27. John Hannah – My Home Is In The Smoky Mountain (Old-Time Smoky Mountain Music) 1939 unknown location
28. Madisonville String Band – B Flat Rag (Decca 5437) 10-3-30 Richmond, IN
29. Tennessee Chocolate Drops – Vine Street Rag (Vocalion 1517) 4-3-30 Knoxville, TN
30. Martin & Hobbs – Wild Cat Rag (Champion 16536) 10-19-32 Richmond, IN
31. Two Gospel Keys – This Heart Of Mine (Apollo 197) Jan. 1946 NYC
DOWN TO THE ROOTS theme from Hopalong Cassidy and the Square Dance Holdup (Capitol CBX-3075) Cliffie Stone, Harold Hensley, Herman The Hermit ©1950
Master Rights Usage courtesy of Universal Music Enterprises and Capitol Records.
DeFord Media Associates makes every reasonable effort to ensure the accuracy and validity of the programming information provided. However, we accept no liability or responsibilities for errors or omissions of any information reported and make no guarantees or representations as to its accuracy.
LISTENERS: Hello! Where are you located? On what station do you listen to Down To The Roots?
BUSINESS OWNERS: Are you getting the most from your advertising budget?
PROMOTERS: Would you like to stream your event online?
PROGRAM DIRECTORS: Are you looking for more variety in your programming schedule?
DJs: Are you looking for wider distribution of your show? Are you thinking of syndicating but not sure how to go about it?